Local Governing Board (LGB)
Kingsmoor Academy has a team of Governors whose role is to support and challenge the school to ensure that every child has the best possible standard and range of education and learning.
They come from all areas of the local community: Parents; Local Businesses; The Local Authority and Teaching Staff.
Current LGB is:
- Melanie Scull – Chair of Governors
- Angie Skinner – Quality of Teaching, Learning and Assessment, Outcomes.
- David Simmons – Personal Development, Behaviour, Attendance and Welfare Group, SEND, Inclusion and Gifted and Talented.
- Helen Weaving – Personal Development, Behaviour, Attendance and Welfare Group, SEND, Inclusion and Gifted and Talented.
- Melanie Scull – Effectiveness of Leadership and Management Lead, Safeguarding/SEN/Child Protection Lead
- Sarah Gibbins – Health, Safety and Premises
- Scott Bright – Finance
- Michelle Eaves – Clerk
- Lesley Brennan – Executive Principal
- Angela Lymbouris – Acting Principal
Special Educational Needs (SEN) Governor:
The S.E.N. Governor works with the Academy’s Special Needs Coordinator and Teachers to support S.E.N. children achieve in all areas.
Governors also have a responsibility to monitor activity in the academy and to ask questions on day to day operations.
Get to know your LGB
Why not come along for a coffee to meet with Governors to find out what we are doing to support Kingsmoor Academy, and to share your views, concerns and ideas?
Available Governors meet at the academy every term with a focus on specific areas from Finance, Standards, Admissions and SEN.
If you would like to get in touch with our Governors or find out more about becoming a Governor at our academy, please get in touch with the academy office. Contact details can be found here